Information about steps the conference is making to reduce its environmental impact
Letter of Invitation to Attend the Conference - More details
A letter of invitation is issued solely for the purpose of assisting participants with visa applications and/or to obtain funding for their attendance at the conference. Invitations can only be posted from the the Geochemical Society office in the US, delegates must allow at least 12 working days for their invitations to arrive by post.
If you require a letter of invitation please follow these steps:
- Register for the conference
- Select either a Posted or Electronic invitation from the Choose extras page.
- Make payment for your registration (and any posted invitation requested). Invitation letters cannot be sent until you have paid for your registration.
- Click on My Goldschmidt then click on My Invitations
- Follow the link to the invitation letter details form.
- Complete the form using the correct information.
- If you click to require that your presentation details be included on your invitation letter, please be aware that your letter will NOT be emailed or posted until after the oral and poster presentations have been scheduled which will be mid April 2020.
- Press submit, and you will then be able to check the letter format and content.
- Then choose which type of letter you require, electronic or posted. If you choose electronic you will then be emailed a copy of your letter automatically. If you cannot locate the email, you can also check emails sent from the conference by going to my Goldschmidt / my email, or you can go back to my invitations to view the letter. If you choose to have the letter posted we will process this request and we aim to have the letter posted to you in the next three working days.
- If you do not require your presentation details to be included on your invitation letter, we will send electronic versions out via email and prepare any posted versions for sending via air-mail (no courier alternative is available) within three working days.
- Once posted letters can take up to three weeks to arrive to please leave enough time to allow for this.
- If you require a new invitation letter, go to my Goldschmidt / my invitations to request a new letter.
-Invitation letters cannot be sent via courier service.
-Letters cannot be sent from Hawai'i where the conference will be held.
-If your visa application is unsuccessful unfortunately the conference will not be able to refund your fees.