Goldschmidt Wild Orbit Cinema
This year Goldschmidt and Wild Orbit Films are hosting a week-long celebration of the very best science communication. Twenty of the best short science films submitted will receive a lunch time screening throughout the conference. Come and watch them!
Films will be judged by a panel of eminent scientists and media professionals including Dr Zita Martins and Prof. Liane Benning. Prizes, or Orbits, will be awarded to the best communicators in our science. One prize will be a private tour of the large hadron collider in CERN, Switzerland, and a number of other top prizes are still to be confirmed.
Communicating science effectively, explaining why it matters, why it should be funded, and why people should listen and trust our expertise is essential. Creating bite size, high quality science films has become the way to achieve this. We are looking for the best geochemistry science films made by you, the scientists.
Goldschmidt Wild Orbit Cinema 2017 opens for submissions on the 1st of March 2017. Entries can be submitted here.
This event will run each day of the meeting:
- Monday, 14th August: 12:45-14:15
- Monday, 14th August: 17:30-19:30 - Script writing session
- Tuesday, 15th August: 12:45-14:15
- Wednesday, 16th August: 12:45-14:15
- Thursday, 17th August: 12:45-14:15
- Thursday, 17th August: 17:30-19:30 - Panel Discussion
- Friday, 18th August: 12:45-14:15