Goldschmidt2008 delegates are being offered on-campus accommodation at the University of British Columbia. These accommodations combine the city's most spectacular views and location with the best value and variety of rooms possible. In addition to these advantages, on-campus accommodation offers the convenience of being in close proximity to the conference events and other Goldschmidt2008 delegates.
Accommodation on Campus
The conference room block and rate is now closed. If you would like to inquire about accommodation on campus, please contact the Conferences and Accommodation Reservations Office at: Toll Free 1-888-UBC-1030, Direct 604-822-1000 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also welcome you to view the Conferences and Accommodation at UBC website for further information about campus accommodations, as well as to make an online reservation.
Information for Families
Delegates traveling with their families can be accommodated in the multi-bedroom units at the Gage Towers by booking Standard or Premium Singles.
We ask that the following guidelines are observed:
- Families are defined by a parent(s) with a child or children of age 18 or under. Children of age 4 and under are able to stay in a Premium or Standard Single with a parent.
- Children of age 5 – 18 will be allocated to adjacent Premium or Standard Singles to their parent(s).
- All family members must arrive and depart on the same days.
- Please communicate the ages of children in the ‘Comments’ section of the online booking form, or when booking with the Reservations Office.
- Please create a separate reservation for each member of your family.
- Please ensure that all family members have reservations made under the same last name.
- If the members of your family are not able to fill a four (Premium Single) or six (Standard Single) unit, exclusivity of the unit cannot be guaranteed, though non-family allocations will be carefully considered.
Meals for Delegates Staying in Campus Accommodations
This only applies to delegates staying at the Gage Towers, West Coast Suites, Totem Park and Marine Drive Residences.
Delegates staying in campus accommodations will be offered daily breakfast, from Monday, July 14 to Friday, July 18, dinner on July 13 and public transportation tickets, via bus, to enjoy the local cuisine for evening meals. These services are built into the room rates.
There are also a wide variety of hotels available for booking off campus. From luxury 5 diamond hotels to the more informal comforts of bed and breakfast accommodation, Vancouver has something to suit all pockets and preferences.
Special rates for Goldschmidt2008 delegates are available at the following hotels:
- Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre (on-line booking) (conference rate is no longer available)
- Coast Hotels in Downtown Vancouver (Coast Plaza Hotel and Suites) (conference rate is no longer available)
- Sutton Place Hotel (conference rate still applies!)
Coast Hotel Information
For Coast Hotel bookings delegates will have to go to www.coasthotels.com; put the requested hotel, dates, and the booking code in to be able to access the discounted rates.
The group booking code is: CPS-GFC2999
Sutton Place Hotel Information
Delegates may make bookings at the Sutton Place Hotel using the following methods:
In order for the group to receive the specially negotiated rates, delegates should indicate that they are making reservations for the “Goldschmidt 2008”. The hotel will accept reservations on a space available basis at current available rates.
Online: www.suttonplace.com - Select the Vancouver property. Enter arrival / departure dates. The rate is considered a group code, and the block code is VC080712EUR.
Via Telephone: 1-800-961-7555 (toll-free in Canada and Continental USA)
Via Facsimile: 604-642-2926
Via Email: res_Vancouver@suttonplace.com
Changes or cancellations for individual reservations must reach the Reservations Department 48 hours prior to the arrival date to avoid penalty of one night’s room and tax.
Guest room rates:
- Sutton Guest room: $228.00
- Deluxe Guest room: $248.00
- Premium Guest room: $268.00
- Executive Suite: $318.00 (one bedroom)
- Grand Suite: $348.00
Tourism Vancouver will easily assist in making alternate accommodation reservations in downtown Vancouver.